NOTE: Checklists other than the manufacturer’s books should be personal creations and should be verified to match proper procedures. The following information can be used to help you devise your own; however, no guarantees of accuracy are made. The following is general reference only, and is not a replacement for the AFM in the plane.
- $60/dry TACH. Pilots top off tanks before putting it back.
- See Sales_Tax to see if you qualify for sales tax exemption
- This plane requires a minimum 1 hour checkout and a questionnaire: General Questionnaire
- Current W&B Sheet: Click Here.
- Digital POH Here: Click Here
- Registration, Airworthiness, and 337s from the plane are in the plane.
- Cessna Type Certification Document. More info on the C172K inside. Cessna_Type_Cert.pdf
- 1972 Cessna 172K
- Lycoming O320-E2D
- 150 HP at 2700 RPMs
- McCauley 1C172 propeller
- Fuel Cap 42 gals, 38 useable
- Oil capacity 8 QTS – Aeroshell 100W Plus (Min. Club target = 7 qts)
- Empty Wt. – 1427.1 lbs
- Max Gross – 2300 lbs
- Useful Load – 872.39
- Payload (full fuel) – 649.7 lbs.
- 14V DC electrical system, 50A alternator
- VSO: 49 MPH
- VS1: 57 MPH
- VR: 60 MPH
- VX: 68 MPH
- VY: 82 MPH
- VFE: 100 MPH
- VA: 122 MPH(2300 Lbs.)
- VNO: 140MPH
- VNE: 174 MPH
- Max. Dem. X-wind: 17 MPH(15 KTS)
- Best Cruise Climb: 80-90 MPH (for engine cooling.)
- Best Glide: 80 MPH (2300 lbs.)
Weight & Balance
The following is general reference only, and is not a replacement for the POH.
- ARM data on Front seats are based on mid point of seat adjustment range. Adjust spreadsheet for your legs.
- Front Seats: INCHES to INCHES in 1.25″ increments. Full aft unlocked is about INCHES.
- Rear Seats: INCHES fixed.
- Baggage: INCHES on center, INCHES at bulkhead. Max POUNDS
- Fuel: GALLONS gal at INCHES (Two 21 gal tanks) (POUNDS unusable at INCHES)
- Oil: Club Target is >= 7Qt before take-off, Max fill 8qt, Minimum 6 qts.